The Newly Released Official Trailer for Disney's "The Muppets" is here!
The Muppets will be in theaters November 23rd.
When Walter, the world's biggest Muppet fan, his brother Gary (Jason Segel) and Gary’s girlfriend Mary (Amy Adams) discover the nefarious plan of oilman Tex Richman (Chris Cooper) to raze the Muppet Theater, they help Kermit reunite the Muppets to stage a telethon and raise the $10 million needed to save the theater.
WALT DISNEY PICTURES
Website and Mobile site: Disney.com/Muppets
Become a fan on Facebook: Facebook.com/Muppets
Follow us on Twitter: Twitter.com/MuppetsStudio
Genre: Family Comedy
U.S. Release Date: November 23, 2011
Cast: Kermit the Frog, Miss Piggy, Fozzie Bear, Gonzo, Animal, Jason Segel, Amy Adams, Chris Cooper, Rashida Jones and Walter
Director: James Bobin
Producers: David Hoberman, Todd Lieberman
Executive Producers: Jason Segel, Nicholas Stoller, John G. Scotti, Martin G. Baker
Written by: Jason Segel & Nicholas Stoller (credit not final)
On vacation in Los Angeles, Walter, the world's biggest Muppet fan, his brother Gary (Jason Segel) and Gary’s girlfriend Mary (Amy Adams) from Smalltown, USA, discover the nefarious plan of oilman Tex Richman (Chris Cooper) to raze the Muppet Theater and drill for the oil recently discovered beneath the Muppets' former stomping grounds. To stage a telethon and raise the $10 million needed to save the theater, Walter, Mary and Gary help Kermit reunite the Muppets, who have all gone their separate ways: Fozzie now performs with a Reno casino tribute band called the Moopets, Miss Piggy is a plus-size fashion editor at Vogue Paris, Animal is in a Santa Barbara clinic for anger management, and Gonzo is a high-powered plumbing magnate. With signature celebrity cameos, Disney’s “The Muppets” hits the big screen Nov. 23, 2011.
- Funnyman Jason Segel (TV’s “How I Met Your Mother,” “Forgetting Sarah Marshall”) stars in, co-writes and executive produces Disney’s “The Muppets.”
- Honoring the Muppet tradition, celebrity cameos include, among others, Donald Glover, Leslie Feist, Alan Arkin, Kristen Schaal, Eddie “Piolín” Sotelo, Ken Jeong, James Carville, Rico Rodriguez and Judd Hirsh.
- Disney’s “The Muppets” is directed by James Bobin, who co-created HBO’s “Flight of the Conchords," which he wrote, directed and exec produced.
- Kermit received a star on The Hollywood Walk of Fame in 2002. His song “The Rainbow Connection” was nominated for an Academy Award®.
- Bret McKenzie, who created, co-wrote, executive produced and starred in the hit HBO television series “Flight of the Conchords,” is the music supervisor for Disney’s “The Muppets,” as well as the writer/producer of three original songs, which include big Muppet-style opening and closing numbers.
- It’s been 12 years since the Muppets’ last big-screen feature film (“Muppets from Space,” 1999).
JediMouseketeer on Facebook
Book your next Disney vacation or cruise with Kristen at Magical Journeys Travel!