MTAC 2013: Charity Auction - Anime, Music and Pop-culture Gear to Benefit Autism Society of Middle Tennessee
The folks at MTAC are putting together a great charity auction to benefit a worthwhile cause!
Raising some money for a good cause is music to our ears! The MTAC Charity Auction, where we auction off some awesome memorabilia for the Autism Society of Middle Tennessee, has some awesome donations from the world of anime, music and more!
Headlining band The Slants has entered in some personally cherished items to raise money for the Autism Society of Middle Tennessee. As band founder and bassist Simon Young says, "Autism is a cause that's very near and dear to us."
It is to us too, so be sure to show your support when the bidding starts this weekend!
Items up for auction include:
- Personal voice mail recordings from voice actor guests, such as Todd Haberkorn and Chris Cason.
- Autographed memorabilia from Hellsing, Fullmetal Alchemist, Final Fantasy, and more hit anime and video games.
- Anime swag.
- MTAC merchandise
- An original master for the Slants' second album, "Slants! Slants! Revolution." It's the only one in the world, the encoded/WAV gold disc that provided the original content for licensing and distribution.
- An original set of Fender chrome amp "kick stands," originally owned by Bon Jovi and were used during his "Shine" tour. They were originally used on a Fender custom shop cabinet. The Slants used that amp for their first two tours. There are only two pairs of them in the world - one pair is with the Slants, the other is with Bon Jovi.
- A proof copy of Simon Young's book, How to Get Sponsorships and Endorsements. It's the original and still contains some errors that he caught before it went to press. It's a bestselling book for non-profits and music business.
- The shirt off Simon Young's back. Simon's pants fetched a decent amount for a charity at a previous MTAC. This time, they're auctioning off clothing worn by the band during their MTAC concert!
Be sure to check out what fellow guest Jonathan Klein has also donated to the auction.
JEDI MOUSEKETEER AT MTAC:
Aljon and the Jedi Mouseketeer team will be covering the event this year with live video streams and social media coverage! Be sure to check out all the festivities at JediMouseketeer.com! Thanks MTAC for having us cover your convention!
JediMouseketeer.com would like to thank our event partners for their continued support: Halloween Express, CookingwithMickeyBlog.com, Sorcerer Radio and Kristen Hoetzel of Magical Journeys Travel the official travel planner of JediMouseketeer.com.
Follow at Twitter.com/JediMouseketeer
"Like" us on Facebook.com/JediMouseketeer
Book your next Disney vacation or cruise with Kristen Hoetzel of Magical Journeys Travel!