|Aljon Go at WBUZ-fm|
May the Force be with you.
ALJON'S STAR WARS FUN FACTS
- First Star Wars film to see on the big screen: Star Wars Episode V: The Empire Strikes Back
- Favorite SW characters: Obi-Wan Kenobi, Mace Windu, Yoda
- Favorite SW film: Star Wars Episode V: The Empire Strikes Back
- Favorite SW vehicle: The Millennium Falcon
- Dressed up as a Clone Wars Jedi on Sci-fi night during a Nashville Predators NHL game for a contest only to loose the grand prize to Indiana Jones!.. True story!
- Disney Favorites: Dole Whips, walking down Main St. U.S.A during Christmas and sampling food & drink from the World Showcase
- Favorite park: Epcot
- Favorite ride: Pirates of the Caribbean and Rock N Rollercoaster
- Favorite restaurant: Le Cellier
- Area of Park: World Showcase
- Music Area of a Park: Rock N Rollercoaster
- Song: Grim Grinning Ghost
You might know Aljon Go as the long-time host of critically acclaimed "The Local Buzz" radio show or as co-host of the "WDW Tiki Room" on the #1 Disney internet station Sorcerer Radio. He also enjoys spending time with his family, making music, supporting his home town NHL team the Nashville Predators!
Originally born in Seattle Washington, this proud Filipino American moved to Nashville during the rise of MTV. After seeing Van Halen he was inspired to pick up the guitar and write music. At the age of 12 he won a junior songwriting award performing at the Country Music Hall of Fame. Since then he has been performing with many area bands touring the US and around the world supporting US troops overseas. During that time he was also on the radio being an advocate of local rock bands. Go says, “I’ve said this before and I’ll say it again. I’ve been around the world and the Nashville rock bands are among the best in the world, if not the best! I love scoping out bands just as much as I enjoy performing. You won’t find a better group of bands, musicians and fans anywhere.”
He also believes in giving back to the community, a trait attributes to his family upbringing. He regularly hosts various fund-raisers and events for The National Kidney Foundation, Rock the Vote, animal shelters and children’s charities among others. His familiar sign-off has been his signature for many years, "Don't forget to support local rock and become an organ donor today!" After over two decades of being a musician and 15 years of being on the airwaves he continues to promote the Nashville rock scene.
In the fall of 2009 he chose to leave terrestrial radio to concentrate on his family and promoting a leading instrument manufacturer. Several weeks later he found an opportunity to get back into radio with his wife and break new ground finding a home on Sorcerer Radio, a Walt Disney World-based internet station. Co-hosting the wildly popular "WDW Tiki Room" with his wife, Kristen, the station has seen tremendous growth. After several weeks he stepped in as Sorcerer Radio's station manager and along with the owner and senior staff the continue the tradition of offering groundbreaking programming and concepts in the world of family entertainment!
OTHER ALJON FACTS
- In his first meeting at the Buzz in 1999 he named the show - 102.9 The Local Buzz. It was only one hour long at that time.
- Favorite bands: Van Halen, Nine Inch Nails, Stone Temple Pilots, Aerosmith, The Ramones, U2, Jimi Hendrix, KISS, The Cure, Heart and Cheap Trick.
- Favorite movies: Enter the Dragon, Ghostbusters, The Exorcist (most all horror films), Star Trek, Star Wars, Disney Animated Features and Pulp Fiction
- Favorite television shows: CSI Series, Law and Order: SVU, Heroes, Iron Chef America, WWE, House, Criminal Minds, Robot Chicken, Animal Planet, G4TV and VH-1 Classic
- First concert: Men at Work (1982)
- Favorite concert: Fleetwood Mac (1997)
- What’s your dream gig? Aljon says, “I think having my own record label would be killer.
- I have enjoyed discovering many bands over the years. I was also lucky enough to play at the world famous Whiskey a-Go-Go several years ago but I would love to someday play in a band at Madison Square Garden. I would also like to become the play-by-play announcer for WWE Raw or somehow work for the Disney Company!”